January 2015 Favorites
1. bdellium tools 714 Flat Definer, $8 / 2. L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess Mascara, $8 /
3. Nail Tool Kit (from Amazon 3rd Party Seller), $12 (varies) / 4. Tree Hut Tropical Mango Sugar Body Scrub, $7
We’ve made it through January despite cold weather, colds and sinus fun, and so-so moods – here’s what made into my list of January 2015 Favorites.
1. As much as I love gel liner, I don’t want to bother with it every day. I have a thick-bristled angled brush that I use to line with shadow sometimes, but if I just want to tightline with shadow to give my lashline some further definition, this is what I reach for…and I reached for it A LOT last month. The bristles are firm enough to be effective for this purpose, but not so much that it feels stabby in that sensitive area.
2. I’ve talked about this–in last January’s favorites, in fact–before, but it was a drugstore one I came back to and really enjoy. I stocked up with three tubes due to an awesome combination of sales and coupons at Ulta – fair to say that if I’ll buy three of the same tube at once that I really like it (even if I got 3 for the price of 1).
3. My husband got me this kit for Christmas and I am really thrilled with it. Imagine my surprise when I looked it up for this post that I found it cost under $9. The three clippers are sturdy and ergonomically friendly. The cuticle nippers are sharp, and the “spring,” mechanism is not flimsy like you often find with cheap nippers. I’ve used them all the time since Christmas and highly recommend for the price, quality, and amount of tools you get. Also, adorable smiley faces.
4. In winter, I involuntarily assume a quasi-reptilian form. To combat this, a moisturizing scrub is in order and this is just the trick. Also, I personally thing that mangoes smell awesome, but if that isn’t your thing they have other scents like Coconut Lime, a Kiwi scent, Passionfruit and Guava – a lot of exotic fruit scents, but also things like Shea, Brazilian Nut, Kukui, etc.
What made your month?