Subscription boxes in general are everywhere, catering to various interests and desires. There are boxes for people who want purportedly healthy snacks, boxes for dog owners, boxes for geeks, and, what’s relevant to this blog, beauty subscription boxes.
Like other subscriptions, beauty subscription boxes do several things. They:
- Give us something to look forward to. Admit it, you like receiving packages.
- Create an opportunity to try items that we might not otherwise choose to buy for ourselves.
- Yield the novelty of a value set month-after-month.
- Enable smaller or newer brands to get their good name out there.
- Provide a way for established brands to generate buzz about new products.
- Offer an outlet for brands or retailers to deal with overstock.
Some companies offer subscription boxes for $10 per month (or less if you agree to six months or a year). I’ve tossed around the idea, but until now, I’ve let it go. Here’s why: