Yeah, wow, hi. We’ll get into the hiatus in a sec, but first:
I tried an acrylic dip nail system! I suck at it but, third application in, am getting better. I’ve been waffling on waiting to talk about it until I am good at it for Insta-worthy pics but…since when do I care about being Insta-worthy?
Revel Nail Aurora & Revel Nail Bubbly
I’m not writing a review of Revel Nail Aurora and Revel Nail Bubbly dip powders in this post, but I’ll share a couple thoughts:
- This picture does not capture color accurately. I am wearing both Revel Nail Aurora, which is a nice, light nude pink (it definitely looks pink in person) and Revel Nail Bubbly on top.
- Although not evident in this picture, my application is fairly bulky. This is because:
- This application is three dips instead of two because I wanted to use Revel Nail Bubbly on top for some shimmer.
- I suck at finish filing acrylic. This led me to buy an e-file, which I am still getting the hang of, but it has changed my pedicure world dramatically.
I recently saw an Instagram post from a blogger who decided to face the music regarding her content and who ultimately discontinued her project. That was a bit eye-opening for me. I’m not there, but it’s undeniable to me that I bet Beauty Skeptic take a back seat to everything else. Better no content than half-assed content, right? I haven’t really been buying and trying much stuff, so its really been a drought of content inspiration here, BUT here’s what I’ve been up to:
- I subscribed to FabFitFun to give it a shot on Belle’s recommendation. My first box came recently; while the contents aren’t necessarily things I’d buy myself, I’m pretty happy with it. I’ll yammer about it eventually. If you’ve been curious about giving it a shot, this link gets you $10 off your first box. I get a credit too. Be advised that I’ve only gotten one box and can’t yet assess the platform in its entirety based on that. :)
- My Vivera retainers came in – so I’m officially free of Invisalign, and I just have to wear my retainer (which is similar to an Invisalign tray) at night.
- Had a hair appontment in mid-July to refresh my balayage; shortly prior, I found an amazing new product at Sephora to keep my blonde fresh to death (or whatever).
- I was running low (not really, just low for a, “I usually have two backups of my favorite products,” person) on sunless tanner so I tried St Tropez mousse.
- I finished my first semester of school and took a CLEP test to earn credit for a course without taking it. I’m taking three more such tests in a few weeks before the next semester starts (yes; I still work full time).
- I went to San Francisco for a week-long business trip…which meant checking a bag and not depriving myself. Oh, god, it is so nice to travel with most of my things. Still should have brought my damn blowdryer though #hoteldryersaretheliteralworst
- I’m trying some stuff from The Ordinary to see if it knocks out my Tarte Knockout. I love that damn toner, but at $39 a bottle, its pricey enough for me to be tempted by highly-rated, less expensive contenders. I’m still assessing.
What are you wearing on your nails?