There’s strength in numbers – so I thought I’d share my, “progress,” in case anyone else is on a No Buy. My No Buy ran from Christmas to February 25. I am granting myself a brief reprieve, then resuming.
Incredibly, I’ve managed to not buy a single beauty product during that window. It hasn’t been without temptation.
- No new makeup, brushes, storage, or other tools
- No new hair products or tools
- No new nail products or tools
- No fragrance purchases
- No new skincare (but replenishment of facial cleanser and body lotion OK as realistically needed)
- No purchases of beauty services (nail, hair, etc)
During my no buy, I setup rules to auto-delete my e-mails from Sephora, Ulta, Tarte, and MAC (that’s all I’m subscribed to) without reading them. I avoided the beauty section of YouTube for the most part. If I didn’t have something, I had to do without.
What Almost Got Me
- I wanted to buy a set of the two large MUJI drawers during the sale but I waited too long. Although they would have been a nice addition, they aren’t crucial. I’m not willing to pay full price when I’m not on a no buy. I’ll just have to wait until next time they’re on sale
- I recently read an article about the glories of Biosilk. I really want to try it, but I’m committed to using up what’s left of my Super Skinny first. It’ll be a while because that stuff lasts five-ever.
- I was tempted, a few times, to get a pedicure, but decided to DIY. The massage that accompanies a pedicure at a spa is relaxing, but frankly, I find that I’m more diligent with cuticle and callus work.
What I’ve Bought & What I Plan to Buy
- New Radiance brush heads for my Clarisonic (basically buy 3, get 1 – plus 20% off at Ulta!)
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer (also with 20% off)
- Essence Make me Brow (investigating Gimme Brow dupes)
- Cuticle Remover
- Toning Shampoo or Conditioner – though I’m not unhappy, I want to try something other than Blonde Brilliance
- Haircut + highlights
If you’ve committed to a beauty – or any hobby, for that matter – no buy, how did it go? Were you able to adhere to your rules?