July 2014 Favorites
1. China Glaze Gelaze, $11 / 2. Maybelline Instant Age-Rewind Concealer, $8
3. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light, $15 / 4. Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray, $29
Just four this month because, frankly, it was kind of a lazy month for me. I didn’t really break away from, “safe,” things in light of my wedding. Afterwards, I decided to give my skin a break, so I don’t have a ton to gush about.
1. When it comes to nail polish, I prefer UV/LED gel polish. I really enjoy doing my nails, but I abhor having to redo them after only a couple days. China Glaze’s Gelaze line so so far my favorite brand of gel polish out there – I can’t wait until they expand their line of shades. Like OPI’s Gelcolor, China Glaze’s Gelaze reproduces many of their already-popular hues. I own Shocking Pink, Exceptionally Gifted, and Awakening. I need to get my hands on Flip Flop Fantasy, Peachy Keen, and Dorothy Who. They are currently on sale for $5.49 each at Sally Beauty – take advantage if you can!
2. I wasn’t quite matching my Fit Me! concealer, so I wanted to try something else. On solid recommendation from friends, bloggers, and bloggers, I picked up one of these and…wow. Really, very worth it. It goes on lightweight, blends easily, and doesn’t crease. The applicator is a little different, but don’t let that bother you. Easily my new favorite for under-eye concealing. Shade Light worked well for under-eye concealing with my NC25-ish skin.
3. After the Elma & Sana Argan Oil thing, I decided to pick up a little bottle of the, “light,” version of Josie Maran’s goodness. I actually like it better than the original formula because I’m Normal/Combo – so the Light feels a bit better, at least in the summer. I’ll report back on that in December or January to let you know which my skin prefers then. It absorbs a little faster and is easier for me to apply to my face. You can get this at Sephora and I believe at QVC (though don’t quote me on the latter).
4. Although I didn’t actually use it a ton during July, All-Nighter still won a favorites spot for keeping my makeup in place and looking great all night for my wedding. It does a fantastic job outside of event makeup, too – it kept my makeup on pretty decently the day before, too, through lots of running around (including outdoors in the heat). In addition to that stuff, it does a good job keeping my face in place from 6:30ish AM to 7:30 PM or later. If you aren’t sure about it, like I was, pick up the travel size bottle ($14) – it will still last a long time. You can get it anywhere that sells Urban Decay goodies.
Disclosure: Hey! Some of the links in this July 2014 Favorites post are affiliate links – this means I may get a very small percentage of the sale if you decide to buy something. I only recommend products I’ve tried and verified as awesome, which is kind of the point of a favorites post. Ethical blogging FTW.