I decided a long time ago that I was going to DIY my wedding makeup. When I made that decision, I had no idea what I was doing but I figured that I could learn in the space of well over a year (yep, definitely did) and use the money that I’d spend on an MUA to buy (and therefore HAVE) my own products.
So I learned and practiced with the help of YouTube and the various beauty sub-reddits out there – in the time I had given myself, I exceeded my own expectations and was completely comfortable with it. Because I treat makeup as something fun rather than something that I must do, I was able to have a lot of fun throughout this process.
I definitely over-packed my kit, but this was on purpose. Although I had fully planned and practiced my eye look, I wanted to make sure I had plenty of stuff in case my bridesmaids wanted/needed to do theirs (at the time, I wasn’t sure they were doing the student bit as discussed in this post).
Here’s what I packed. Products are not in order of appearance in the photo, but grouped by type. If you need me to point something out/clarify it, please leave a comment.
- Benefit POREfessional Primer
- Hourglass Primer
- NARS Sheer Matte Punjab Foundation (Sephora sample, not pictured)
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Light
- Maybelline Fit Me! concealer in 20, 25
- L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Crayon concealer
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge
- Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Setting Powder
- MAC Fleur Power Blush (wrote about this here)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Honored
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
- UD Naked Palette
- Lorac PRO Palette
- Lorac PRO Palette 2 (basked in its glory in this post)
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Blackest Black (wrote about it here)
- bareMinerals Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara
- Benefit they’re Real! Push Up Liner
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner (oh hey, a post)
- UD 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil
- Milani EasyBrow Pencils in Taupe (not pictured), Dark Brown (post!)
- Nyx Brow Kit (powder) in Blonde (not pictured because I am an airhead)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel (not pictured, again, because I am an airhead)
- MAC Soar Lip Liner
- MAC Cosmo lipstick
- MAC Brave lipstick
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
A lot of these products are minis, deluxe samples, GWP items.
Now for tools – these ARE in order of appearance, left-to-right:
- Coastal Scents Elite Brush Kit
- Bundle Monster Makeup Sponges
- Beauty Blender (wrote about this & the above here)
- EcoTools Fan Brush
- Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki (unboxed it here)
- Real Techniques Retractable Lip Brush
- Real Techniques Shader Brush
- bdellium Tapered Dome (785), Blender (776), Pencil (780), and Flat Definer (714)
- Sonia Kashuk Angled-Bristle liner brush
- bareMinerals Full-Coverage Concealer Brush
- Urban Decay flat shadow brush (came w\ Naked)
- Nameless angled-bristle brush
- Nameless dual-ended flat-shader and big fluffy blender
- Sonia Kashuk Lash Curler
Just to reiterate – I did not use all this stuff on my face for my wedding makeup. Not even close. I just wanted to over-pack for the occasion rather than risk missing something I needed or that my bridesmaids may have needed. My next post will share what I actually used.
Disclosure: Hey! Some of the links in this Wedding Makeup post are affiliate links – this means I may get a very small percentage of the sale if you decide to buy something. I only recommend products I’ve tried and verified as awesome. Ethical blogging FTW.