1. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil, 0.5oz, $16 / 2. Stila Stay all Day Liquid Liner, $20 /
3. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, $15-20/ 4. Nyx Butter Gloss, $5-6ish
Its that time again – check out the rest of the post for some commentary on my February 2014 Favorites.
1. I wrote about this last month, and continue to use it with good results. I am trying another brand when this runs out both for science and for frugality (and I plan to write about that experience) – but I still have a while to go with this 0.5fl oz bottle.
2. My approach to eyeliner wasn’t typical – whereas most people start with pencil, I am not comfortable with pencils for much more than tightlining/waterline stuff. I can, however, slap on some wings with gel and a brush pretty well these days, not to toot my own horn. Like pencil, I am not comfortable with liquids. A friend recommended that I try Stila’s felt-tip version – I actually wound up getting it in the same holiday set I got Beso in – and though I’m still getting the hang of it, it is far easier than a “traditional” liquid.
3. A stylist applied this to my hair after a cut and before drying once about two years ago, and I wanted it. I spent two months hunting for a good deal on it (I can’t swallow $20 for a single styling product that I would use at most 2x/week) and eventually caught a BOGO sale and got two bottles for $15. Two pumps per use is sufficient for my long hair – and after all this time, I’m not even halfway through the first bottle. It does a good job taming flyaways, it adds a bit of shine without looking gross (when used properly), and it smells like watermelon. It does expedite blow-dry time (nice for these stupid cold winter mornings) and doesn’t seem to be drying like some products can be. I used it more frequently last month due to the cold – I’m a wuss about cold, wet hair.
4. A friend gifted this to me in the shade Peaches and Cream recently – it is actually a very similar color to the Revlon gloss I mentioned in last month’s favorites. Aptly named, this stuff does feel very buttery – lasting power isn’t the most amazing ever (but it is a gloss – have realistic expectations), smells good, and is pretty and is not sticky (really).
Disclosure: None of these items were sponsored. That said, some of the links in this post are affiliate links – this means I may get a very small percentage of the sale if you decide to buy something. I’ll only tell you that something is awesome if I have verified it myself!