I’ve accomplished and purchased the things I wanted to do and more without going overboard. My rules are a little different this time, though, based on what I reasonably expect to need to restock.
- Makeup, brushes, storage, or tools
- Hair products or tools
- Nail products or tools
- Fragrance purchases
- Beauty services (hair, nails, brows)
E-mail won’t be auto-deleted, but I won’t go browsing just for mindless amusement.
Exceptions to the No Buy
- If MUJI drawers go on sale for $10 again, I’m going for it.
- If I break a jaw clip (lazy hair days), I will replace it.
- Obviously if I run out of my facial cleanser, I will repurchase. To me, this is more of a hygiene non-negotiable; plus, my cleanser is drugstore.
My March Haul
- Replacement Gimme Brow.
- Essence Make Me Brow – a <$5 alternative to Gimme Brow…for science.
- Sally Beauty’s GVP version of Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo. I’m almost out of my Blond Brilliance purple conditioner, and I read shampoo is better-suited to this task.
- Tarte’s Airbuki brush to use with my Amazonian Clay powder foundation (reviews on both coming soon) during Macy’s VIP Sale, man. Got it cheap!
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer.
- Radiance brush heads for my Clarisonic…also 20% off at Ulta.
I’m Stocked Up On…
- Concealer. I have concealer FOR. DAYS. Between my drugstore holy grail, MAC Pro Longwear, NARS Radiant Creamy, and now Tarte Shape Tape…yeah. I’m good. I probably need to extend a concealer No Buy past the duration of this one.
- Missha Perfect Cover – when I realized I liked it, I bought a backup tube, so I have enough to last me quite a while. Even a shade that I can mix when I start self tanning/accidentally get natural color in spite of my sunscreen.
- Mascara is good, too – I just opened a new L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black, and I have an unopened one.
- Brow products.
Are you considering a no buy soon?