I broke my no buy by getting a disappointing manicure. Fortunately, the pedicure I got with it was decent, but dear heavens is it difficult to get a manicure that doesn’t suck.
I learned my lesson – I DIY for a reason!
Anyway, while we’re at it – when I was planning, I failed to recognize that Ulta was going to release a 20% Platinum Perk and that Sephora was going to have its coveted BI sale smack in the middle of my attempted limited consumerism.
It’s not all bad. I didn’t go crazy. I bought:
- FOREO Issa Mini brush head
- Viseart Warm Mattes (oops)
- Two e.l.f. blushes
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
The Viseart palette was definitely a splurge for me, but it’s been on my wishlist for a good long while, and the opportunity to not pay full price for one is very rare.
Updating the Challenge
So my new challenge to myself is to resume the No Buy as planned AND…
- No new eyeshadow palettes for 2017. Seriously.
- No new blush for 2017.
- Lip products can be replaced if they run out (like MAC Twig, a recent favorite that swiftly became my daily driver), but no NEW ones can be purchased.
- Mascara can be repurchased, but no experimenting with new ones unless they’re samples.
- Likewise with concealer.
Have you screwed up a No Buy before?