February 2015 Favorites
1. Sephora Teint Infusion Foundation, $24 / 2. Conair 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Dryer, $30 /
3. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked, $22 / 4. NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Pigments, $3
It’s already time for my February 2015 Favorites – and here I was last month mentioning January being cold. That was cute and misguided of me.
1. I’ve already published a review about this, but I was just so thrilled with Sephora’s Teint Infusion Ethereal Natural Finish Foundation. It isn’t a heavy coverage, it is easy to use. It is kind to my skin. My skin LOOKS like skin. It’s good stuff. You need to keep moisturized because it doesn’t mask dry skin or odd texture very well, but it is a nice day-to-day product, which is exactly what I wanted.
2. My husband got me this dryer for Christmas and I’m actually really impressed. For small, inexpensive Conair, it kicks a surprising amount of ass. My old dryer dying as of December, so it was a really thoughtful gift that I’ve been putting to good use – I blowdry in winter more than any other season, for obvious reasons. It’s no Rusk Speed Freak, but I’ve never used one of those and don’t dry my hair often enough throughout the rest of the year to need that sort of a workhorse. If you’re a lazy or seasonal dryer like I am and don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on a dryer, this one gets the job done without too many bells and whistles (though it does have a cool shot button), but it does come with a concentrator and diffuser.
3. I’ve tried the Urban Decay Revolution formula before courtesy a teeny tube of Catfight gifted to me by a friend. It feels amazing, of course, and lasts well, but Catfight isn’t the type of thing I feel comfortable slapping on every day. I got a teeny tube of Naked in a sampler I bought recently and wtf why did I not buy the full size ages ago? I thought it would be too nude/neutral, but it is such a fantastic pinky nude. It is exceptionally wearable, and I do plan on shelling out for the $22 full size at some point. It’s creamy, opaque, and lasts decently well through drinking (all Revolution lipsticks are like this). This shade isn’t fussy or high maintenance, and it doesn’t draw attention to your lips…it just leaves them there, looking pretty.
4. I own this in Rust and in Mocha and really, really enjoy them. They are really pigmented and are an excellent value for $2.99 each at Ulta (buy them BOGO and get them even cheaper!) and the line includes a ridiculous selection of colors. The Nyx Ultra Pearl Mania pigments are a great way to experiment with loose pigments. Admittedly, I do need to get a brush better suited to their use, but I’m making it work with my fingers and with a brush I already have. They’re also available on Amazon.
Anything awesome from February, or were you huddled inside desperately clinging to the warmth so much so that you couldn’t be bothered with beauty products?