September 2014 Favorites
1. MAC Lipstick – Brave $16 / 2. Sonia Kashuk Brush Cleaner $8 /
3. Clinique Almost Lipstick – Black Honey, $16 / 4. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, $14 /
5. Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick – Divine Wine, $6
I didn’t think much of it during the month, but looking back – my September 2014 Favorites were pretty lippy!
Details after the jump.
1. This came up in a recent post, but since I have rekindled my interest in it, I have been using it a lot. It is wearable, not a shade that is too obvious as it wears away and fades, pairs with multiple glosses, etc. And is safe for work (I’m looking at you, Lime Crime lipsticks and Nyx Macarons & Wickeds) so I will actually use it. (Disclaimer: I’m not in the habit of buying lip products I can’t use regularly, so most of my stuff is, “safe.” Or at least safe enough… Basically, if I’m not using a lip product it is because it didn’t work for me, not because it is mint green.)
2. Mentioned this brush cleaner in a previous post as well – but September was a lazy month, so it saw a lot of use. So far, October is lazy too. That’s it, I need to deep clean this weekend.
3. Do I need to speak about this one? Black Honey is perennially awesome. Too lazy for lipstick and need to look more pulled together than a balm can help with? Black Honey. Done.
4. I’ve talked about this product before when I was still trying to make it work as my regular facial moisturizer. It is just too heavy for my face most of the time. Buuuut if you give yourself a pedicure, slather your feet with this, then slap on some thick socks and go to bed you’re going to be amazed. Really, a lot of lotions make a difference when used this way – and there are better ones out there, but I already had this, wasn’t using it, and found that I really like this use for it.
5. Specifically, Divine Wine – this line is pretty cool, and I think Divine Wine is going to wind up as more of an autumn/winter favorite than just a September favorite. I’ve already used the hell out of it. No signs of stopping. (I’ve also reviewed another color, Daringly Nude, here.) It is rich, comfortable, flattering (on me), and reapplies really well.
What were your September 2014 Favorites?